The Department Of Education Can’t Spell W.E.B. Du Bois And Twitter Is Losing It
1. Timing is everything.1 of 10
2. Chelsea Clinton chimed in.2 of 10
3. #NewAbnormal3 of 10
4. Betsy DeVos is in for a long four years.4 of 10
5. Maybe a mixture of both.5 of 10
6. Stay woke.6 of 10
7. It surely does feel like it.7 of 10
8. Facts.8 of 10
9. #DeVosEffect9 of 10
10. Is this what we have to look forward to in education?10 of 10
The new Betsy DeVos-led Department of Education is off to a rough start. The agency took to Twitter in an attempt to highlight African-American icon W.E.B Du Bois and misspelled his last name. Not only was his name misspelled during Black History Month, but the department sent out a follow-up apology tweet, and ‘apologies’ was spelled wrong as well.
Of course, Twitter had a ball with this one.