Cleveland Kidnapping Suspect Pleads Not Guilty To More Than 900 Charges

Comments:  | Leave A Comment

castro_new_picCLEVELAND – A Cleveland man accused of holding three women captive in his home for more than a decade has pleaded not guilty to 512 counts of kidnapping and 446 counts of rape.

Ariel Castro previously pleaded not guilty to charges contained in a 329-count indictment.

The 53-year-old Castro entered a plea Wednesday on an expanded, 977-count indictment. The judge continued his bond at $8 million.

She repeatedly told Castro to raise his head and keep his eyes open during the brief court appearance.

The earlier indictment reflected only part of the alleged crimes’ time frame. It contains aggravated murder charges alleging that Castro purposely caused the unlawful termination of the pregnancy of one of the women.

The women disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004, when they were 14, 16 and 20 years old. Each said they had accepted a ride from Castro. SOURCE
RELATED::Columbus Dad Dies In NC After Rescuing Sons From Ocean

RELATED::Authorities Release Name Of Construction Worker Struck, Killed By Dump Truck On I-270

Join the Conversation! Share and Discuss!

Tags: » » »

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 38,399 other followers