It turns out, watermelon may be a natural Viagra, says a researcher. That’s because the popular summer fruit is richer than experts believed in an amino acid called citrulline, which relaxes and dilates blood vessels much like Viagra and other drugs meant to treat erectile dysfunction (ED).
Until recently, many scientists thought most of the citrulline was in the watermelon rind. But now, experts have discovered that there is more citrulline in the edible part than previously believed.
Why does this work?
The amino acid citrulline is converted into the amino acid arginine. This is a precursor for nitric oxide, and the nitric oxide, a blood vessel relaxer that enhances circulation to all your vital parts.
How much watermelon should you eat?
A typical 4-ounce serving of watermelon (about 10 watermelon balls) has about 150 milligrams of citrulline.
Like Magic 106.3 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
- What In the Weekend With Nikki Woods: BET Hands Out Awards, Mrs. Carter Rocks
- Faces of Hope: Tawanda Jones Has Children Stepping to Higher Ground
- 21 Celebrity Phobias That Will Make You Feel Better About Your Own Anxieties
- Why People in Relationships Really Are Happier Than Single People
- 8 Behind-The-Scenes Photos From Beyoncé Music Videos