According to legal docs, a judge granted “EV” founding members Cindy Herron and Terry Ellis the exclusive right to use the name “En Vogue” while performing and touring … after a long, drawn-out legal battle with former bandmates Maxine Jones and Dawn Robinson.
Here’s what happened … Cindy and Terry sued Maxine and Dawn for the name plus $1 MILLION in damages back in 2012. They claimed M & D were illegally touring under the “EV” name after the band broke up … but had no right, since C&T owned the LLC.
The judge recently sided with Cindy and Terry — giving them the name — but said the duo failed to prove damages, and were awarded no money. SOURCE
- Jarrod Lawson Covers Anthony Hamilton…Wow!!!
- Tyler Perry's 'Madea On The Run' TexT To Win Ticket Give Away
- Congratulations! The Tankards Welcome A New Baby! [PHOTO]
- Tragic! Brownstone Singer Charmayne Maxwell Dies From Fatal Fall
- Mo'Nique Says She Was Supposed to Play "Cookie" in TV Show Empire [VIDEO]
- Tiny is Killing the Shoe Game