According to legal docs, a judge granted “EV” founding members Cindy Herron and Terry Ellis the exclusive right to use the name “En Vogue” while performing and touring … after a long, drawn-out legal battle with former bandmates Maxine Jones and Dawn Robinson.
Here’s what happened … Cindy and Terry sued Maxine and Dawn for the name plus $1 MILLION in damages back in 2012. They claimed M & D were illegally touring under the “EV” name after the band broke up … but had no right, since C&T owned the LLC.
The judge recently sided with Cindy and Terry — giving them the name — but said the duo failed to prove damages, and were awarded no money. SOURCE
- Stone Soul Picnic 2015 Information
- Cleveland Cavaliers “ALL IN” Eastern Conference Champions!
- Taraji P. Henson Gets Her Twerk On In Vegas With A Few Famous Friends [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
- Throwback Thursday: Marilyn Mosby Wins On ‘Judge Judy’ [WATCH]
- Happy Birthday Royalty! Chris Brown Celebrates his Baby Girl's 1st Birthday! [pictures]
- Discussion: B.B. KingWas Poisoned, Two of His Daughters Claim